Effective Date: September 24, 2018
Personal Information We Process
We process the Personal Information that we collect from you when you use our Site or our Services. “Personal Information” means any information that directly or indirectly relates to you.
We process the following categories of Personal Information:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and other contact information you may provide when communicating with us;
- Financial Information, such as billing address, bank account information, and deposit information;
- Technical information, such as your IP address, device ID, and data collected about your interaction with the Site (such as the webpages you visited on the Site) and our email communications;
- Communication information, such as the contents of the communications you send to us by submitting an online form or otherwise contacting us;
- Recruitment information, such as your resume, curriculum vitae, work history, and qualifications;
- Employment-related information, such as your salary, position, life insurance information, pension information, financial information, demographic information, familial relationships, copy of passport, social security numbers, national insurance number; and
- Any other information that you provide to us that can be used to identify you.
We collect Personal Information from:
- Direct interactions, such as when you inquire about our Services, contact us via the Site, apply for employment, or in any way engage with us or our personnel;
- Cookies and automated technologies, such as when you interact with our website, mobile applications or click on links on our emails; and
- Private third party sources, such as when third parties, including researchers, hospitals, clinics, and scientists, provide information to us.
In addition to Personal Information, we may collect other information that alone cannot be generally used to identify you. For example, when you use the Site, we may collect your browser, device type, and operating system information. If any of this information can be used to identify you because, for example, we link it to your Personal Information, we will treat such information as Personal Information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Data to deliver our Services to you, comply with applicable law, and as necessary for our legitimate business interests, provided that there is no overriding impact on your interests or rights. For example, we use your Personal Information for the following purposes and on the following bases:
|Use of your Personal Information||Categories of Personal Information||Source
of the Personal Information
|Respond to inquiries and fulfill requests||Contact information and other information you provide, such as your requests||You||Legitimate interests: To provide you with information you need and other services you request and to efficiently communicate with you.|
|Conduct surveys and questionnaires||Contact information and other information you provide, such as your survey answers||You||Legitimate interests: To evaluate and take action with regard to your feedback and comments about Akari.
|Register you for events and deliver event-related materials||Contact information other information you provide, such as your preferences for the event||You||Legitimate interests: To enable your attendance at our events and to deliver you event materials.
Contract: As may be described on the registration page for the event.
|Respond to queries, requests, and comments regarding our Services||Communication information, including the contents of queries, requests, and comments you send us||You||Legitimate Interest: Fulfilling your requests, responding to your queries and comments, and sending you important notices related to our Services|
|Recruiting personnel or employment||Contact information, recruitment information, and other information relevant to potential recruitment and/or employment by Akari||You, your references, and your former employers||Pre-contractual Measures: To recruit and evaluate potential candidates to join Akari.
Legal obligations: To comply with applicable legal obligations prior to, during, and after the course of employment.
Legitimate interest: To make the best recruitment and employment decisions for Akari.
|Providing payment to vendor for services||Contact information, financial information, and information relevant to the work performed and services provided through vendor engagement||You||Legitimate interests: To submit payment to the vendor’s services provided to Akari.
Contract: As may be described in the contract for services.
We may also aggregate or de-identify your Personal Information so that it can no longer be used to identify you. This aggregate or de-identified information may be used for any purpose permitted by law.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We will share your Personal Information within Akari, at your direction, as disclosed to you at the time of collection, or in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may provide your Personal Information to our services providers that help us run and manage our organization and process Personal Information solely on our behalf, such as website hosting providers, information technology service providers, research providers, insurance providers, benefits providers, payroll firms, and market research providers.
- Corporate Transaction: : We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party in the event Akari is involved in a merger, reorganization, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, or other corporate transaction, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
- Third Party Collaborators: We may share your Personal Information with other companies with which we collaborate regarding particular products or services. These may include our co-promote partners for products that we jointly develop and/or market.
- As Required By Law: We may disclose your Personal Information if we determine that the disclosure is necessary: (i) to comply with any law applicable to us, a request from law enforcement, a regulatory agency, or other legal process; (ii) to protect the legitimate rights, privacy, property, interests or safety of Akari, our business partners, personnel, or the general public; (iii) to pursue available remedies or limit damages; or (iv) to respond to an emergency.
Data Collection Technologies
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully utilize all features of this Site. You have the ability to delete cookie files from your hard drive at any time.
Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers have “Do Not Track” or similar features that allow you to tell each website you visit that you do not want your activities on that website tracked. At present, the Site does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals and consequently, the Site will continue to collect information about you even if your browser’s “Do Not Track” feature is activated.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our Site may offer links to other websites which may have information policies and practices different from ours. We do not control and are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of any third party websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third part website prior to providing them with your Personal Information.
The security of Personal Information is important to us. We have put in place suitable technical, physical, and organizational measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by parties other than the intended recipient. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to our Site.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including any legal, professional, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and all applicable legal requirements.
Our Services are not directed to or intended for use children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 16. If we learn that we have received Personal Information directly from a child under age 16, we will take steps to obtain the consent of that child’s parent or guardian prior to processing that child’s information any further. If we do not obtain the parent or guardian’s consent, we will delete the child’s information from our systems.
Please note that if you decide to exercise some of your rights, we may be unable to provide you certain services, or you may not be able to use or take full advantage of the services we offer.
Special Rights of Individuals in the European Economic Area
If you are located in the European Economic Area and we maintain your Personal Information, you have the following additional rights (under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation) with regard to your Personal Information:
- Right to access and receive: You may request a copy of or access to the Personal Information we hold about you. You may also request that we transfer your Personal Information to a third party in a machine-readable format.
- Right to correct: You may ask us to update or correct inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information we hold about you.
- Right to limit or restrict: You may have the right to request that we stop using all or some of your Personal Information or to limit our use of it.
- Right to erase: You may have the right to request that we delete all or some of your Personal Information. This right may be limited if we have collected your Personal Information for research purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given to Akari at any time. Your withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of our collecting, using, and sharing of your Personal Information prior to the withdrawal of your consent. Even if you withdraw your consent, we have the right to use your Personal Information if it has been fully anonymized and cannot be used to personally identify you.
- Right to complain: You have the right to lodge a complaint with your Supervisory Authority if you are unhappy with how we process your Personal Information. You can find contact information for your Supervisory Authority on the European Commission Data Protection Authorities webpage or through other publicly available sources.
Your California Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 gives California residents the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We may share your Personally Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. You may request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes by contacting us as noted below.
Former, Current, and Potential Future Akari Employees
Any Personal Information provided to us through the course of your employment at Akari will be retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We may disclose this information when responding to subpoenas and discovery requests issued in the United States or the United Kingdom. Please contact us using the information below with any questions.
75/76 Wimpole Street
London, United Kingdom
W1G 9 RT
T: +44 (0)20.9008.0261
24 W. 40th Street
New York, New York 10018