We are conducting discovery and preclinical research into a range of other conditions and using other engineered forms of nomacopan. Current preclinical development programs include:
- Back-of-the-eye, where Akari has announced encouraging preclinical data
- Renal, where Akari has generated positive preclinical data in several models, including aHUS and APS
- Lung, where Akari has generated positive preclinical data in several inflammatory models
- Trauma, where Akari has an ongoing collaboration with the U.S. Army Institute of Surgical Research (USAISR) to evaluate nomacopan activity in a preclinical pig model of blast injury and hemorrhagic shock
- The use of an engineered, targeted version of nomacopan for the treatment of other diseases, such as myasthenia gravis, where nomacopan has been engineered to target the neuromuscular junction.